FANUC CORPORATION will introduce the new SR-3iA and SR-6iA SCARA robots at the International Robot Exhibition (iREX) 2017 in Tokyo, Japan.
FANUC’s SCARA robots feature operation for pick and place, assembly, testing/inspection and packaging processes in a range of industries including consumer electronics, auto component, plastics, food and beverage, lab automation, appliances and medical device manufacturing.
The SR-3iA offers a 3kg payload, 400mm reach, and 200mm stroke, and the SR-6iA has a 6kg payload, 650mm reach and 210mm stroke.
Powered by the R-30iB Compact Plus controller, the SCARA robots offer the same intelligence available on all FANUC robots, including integrated iRVision, force sensing, conveyor tracking, fieldbus connectivity, integrated safety, and most other software options. FANUC’s SCARA iRProgrammer software interface usable for programming with Tablets or PCs, and can be accessed via a Web browser.
FANUC SCARA Robot Features
- Two models available: SR-3iA (400mm reach) and SR-6iA (650mm reach).
- Vertical stroke makes it possible to perform assembly, packaging and handling operations.
- Bottom cable exit (optional) provides cable protection.
- Integral air lines, 24VDC power and I/O signal cables, and solenoid valves (optional) for system integration.
- Brake release switch on the robot’s arm for error recovery.
- Web-based iRProgrammer user interface for robot setup and programming on a Tablet or PC (Teach Pendant is optional).
- Standard CE/NRTL compliance on the R-30iB Compact Plus controller allows global deployment without any additional cost.
FANUC’s SCARA robots will be available in North America in Q1 2018.